Sunday, October 21, 2012

Exciting Day

© F Darling/P Hargraves
Well, I had a pretty exciting day yesterday.  My colleague, Dr. Paul E Hargraves, sent me an email telling him/me that my/our colorised image file of diatoms/dinoflagellates has been added to the website called the "Plankton Art" section of the ISSHA website [International Society for the Study of Harmful Algae].  Fay Darling's Plankton Art.  Karin Rengefors, Secretary of ISSA, was kind enough to contact Paul, and tell us about the inclusion.  "The overall mandate of the Society is to promote and foster research and training programs o­n harmful algae, and to co-sponsor meetings o­n this topic at the national, regional, and international level." [if you click on 'Fay Darling's Plankton Art' then click again on the blue bar, it will take you to our Flickr page to see more images].

No comments:

Post a Comment